The commencement ceremony for the T.C. Williams Class of 2017 will be re-telecast on ACPS-TV beginning on Friday, June 23, 2017 and played daily at 8 p.m. until the end of the month. ACPS-TV may be viewed in Alexandria on cable channel 71 and online here.
ACPS-TV may be viewed on local cable channel 71. While all of the ACPS-TV programs will be repeated as time allows, viewers may find many shows are archived on our YouTube channel for online viewing.
School Board meetings may also be viewed with closed captioning on the School Board Meetings page.
The ACPS television station operates out of the studio at T.C. Williams High School. Training is provided at the studio to teachers and staff interested in utilizing the facilities to produce material for ACPS-TV.
Students use the studio to produce such programming as news magazines, public service announcements, comedies and parodies.
Teachers and staff are encouraged to produce and send their shows to ACPS-TV to be shown on the channel. Schols have produced talk shows, student-created variety shows and videos for instruction and documenting classroom projects.
- has been online since January 15, 1999, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- can be accessed in every ACPS classroom and in the homes of more than 55,000 cable subscribers in the City of Alexandria
- provides television production teachers the facilities to offer lessons in accordance with state career and technical standards, allowing students to get hands-on experience
- offers distance learning opportunities for staff and the community
- is distributed from its studio facility located in T.C. Williams High School
- interrupts regular programming to continually display emergency announcements (school closings, early dismissals, etc.)
Comments or questions regarding ACPS-TV should be directed to Nathan Goldstein, TV Station Manager at email@example.com.