Back-to-School Guide 2021-22
The first day of school for grades K-12 is Tuesday, August 24, 2021, for all schools, except Samuel W. Tucker, which begins on Monday, August 9, 2021.
A full return to in-person learning is planned for the 2021-2022 school year! Find all your back-to-school information here and on your child's school website.
New to ACPS?
- Make sure you have enrolled your children in ACPS. Information can be found on our How to Enroll webpage.
- Visit your school's website to learn more about your school community and to stay up-to-date
- Subscribe to your school's newsletter and ACPS Express
- Follow ACPS and schools on Facebook and Twitter
Re-Enrolling in ACPS
You will need to re-enroll your child in ACPS for the 2021-2022 school year if:
- If your child attended ACPS in the 2019-2020 school year, and
- Was homeschooled or attended a public or private school other than ACPS during the 2020-2021 school year.
Information can be found on our How to Enroll webpage.
PowerSchool Parent Access
The PowerSchool Parent Access portal is where parents/guardians with children in grades PreK-12 can access their child’s academic record and more through PowerSchool.
Health Forms and Immunizations
- All doses of medication should be administered by parents or guardians during non-school hours whenever possible and appropriate. If medications need to beadministered during school, please fill out the Authorization to Administer Medication Form (PDF)
- Review Medical Forms and Policies and return forms asnecessary.
- Make sure that your child is up-to-date with vaccines as required by the Virginia Department of Health
Get Tech Ready
- Review the "Student Access for the First Day of School" instructions letter that you receive in the mail.
- Plugin and charge your devices.
- See the Family Helpdesk for video tutorials, answers to your questions, and to request help.