Back-to-School Guide 2020-21
The first day of school for grades K-12 is Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2020 for all schools. View the calendar (PDF). The first day of school for pre-K is Thursday, Sept. 10. 2020.
New to ACPS?
- Visit your school's website to learn more about your school community and to stay up-to-date
- Subscribe to your school's newsletter and ACPS Express
- Follow ACPS and schools on Facebook and Twitter
- Get Back-to-School Night Dates and School Supply Lists
- See our webinar on how to establish routines, create an ideal space for virtual learning, and minimizing distractions.
- View school calendars on your school's website or the ACPS Mobile App
- Review the ACPS Student Code of Conduct and the Family Handbook
Get Tech Ready
- Review the "Student Access for the First Day of School" instructions letter that you receive in the mail Sept 2-3.
- Do a test run to make sure you can log in before the first day of school.
- Plug in and charge your devices.
- See the Family Helpdesk for video tutorials, answers to your questions, and to request help.
School Meals and Nutrition
- See a list of food distribution sites. Throughout the fall, all meals are free for all children aged 2-18 and all ACPS students over 18.
- Check your email and mailbox for your Digital Meal Pass and keep it safe in case you need it in January 2021.
- Complete your Back-to-School Forms packet that you received in the mail. Complete it online in Virtual PLUS+ Parent Access (PowerSchool) or return the forms to your child's school.