We appreciate your interest in volunteering at our school! Volunteers are a vital part of our school community and we welcome your contributions.
To help ensure students' safety, all prospective volunteers must complete a volunteer verification process. ACPS uses the KeepnTrack screening system to screen all visitors/volunteers including parents, PTA members, community members and vendors.
Visit the ACPS website to learn more about how to complete the volunteer application process.
Thank you to all that have signed up to be an ACPS Volunteer. Remember there is no "I" In TEAM, but we are glad to see "U" join our school's volUnteer team.
Volunteer opportunities arise throughout the school year and change in nature. Examples are listed below:
- Classroom Parent - assist a teacher in the classroom by making copies or helping with fun experiments and projects
- Reading Department Assistant - help unpack, sort, and label books for classroom use; help move books to classrooms
- Math Department Assistant - help organize the math supply room by sorting through games and organizing the math materials
- Library Assistant - help shelve books, put labels on new books, put reading level labels on books, create displays
- Scholastic Book Fair Assistant - help with advertising: creating and distributing flyers, setup the book fair, assist students with making wishlists on the preview day, assist students with finding and purchasing books, help break down the book fair at the end of the event
- Parent Liaison Assistant - help make copies, distribute information to teacher mailboxes, setup for parent events
- Field Trip Chaperone - help assist teachers and students during field trips
- Jefferson-Houston School PTA also has volunteer opportunities including assisting with their annual Pancake Breakfast and Bingo Night
If you are interested in volunteering in the school or assisting on a field trip as a chaperone and you have not applied to be a Volunteer, please take a moment to do it today.
The process takes approximately two weeks to complete your Volunteer Badge will be valid for one year.
For more information on how to become a volunteer please contact:
Family and Community Engagement (FACE) Center
Alexandria City Public Schools
1340 Braddock Place, 7th Floor
Alexandria, Virginia 22314
Hours: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (by appointment)
contact Linda Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org
or Krishna Leyva at email@example.com