Volunteer at Maury
We appreciate your interest in volunteering at our school! Volunteers are a vital part of our school community and we welcome your contributions.
To help ensure students' safety, all prospective volunteers must complete a volunteer verification process. ACPS uses the KeepnTrack screening system to screen all visitors/volunteers including parents, PTA members, community members and vendors.
Visit the ACPS website to learn more about how to complete the volunteer application process.
ACPS approved volunteers can the Volunteer Coordinator who will work with interested volunteers to determine appropriate placement within the school. Placement depends on school needs and volunteer interests/qualifications.
Here are some of the ways you can volunteer at our school:
- Small Group/One-on-One Tutoring
- Room Parent
- PBIS Prize Cart and PBIS Quarterly Celebrations
- Field Trip Chaperones
- Organization Efforts (example: Book Room)
- Classroom Readers
- Career Day
- Assist in Classroom (example: instructional centers, crafts, etc.)
- Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students)
- Book Fair
- Assist at School Events (example: field day, fifth grade promotion, etc.)
Feel free to reach out to the Maury PTA for additional volunteer opportunities.