Parent Involvement Policy
The Patrick Henry Parent Involvement Policy and Compact (PDF) outlines how the parents, the school staff, and students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement. It also outlines the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve the state’s high standards. This school-parent compact is in effect during school year 2019-20.
School Uniform Policy
(For In School Learning Only)
All uniforms must be neat and clean. Students should practice good hygiene and take pride in their appearance. Hair must be completely groomed before arrival at school. If a student is out of uniform, he/she will receive a courtesy call or note home. Repeated violations of the uniform policy will result in a parent conference to obtain more information. The school uniform will accommodate the students’ religious expression.
Items listed here comply with the required uniform policy. The policy is for boys and girls.
- Solid white, navy or light blue
- Long or short sleeved, collared, polo- style shirt
- Tops must be tucked in securely
Tops may not have any colored piping, embroidery, designs, logos, characters, names or numbers of any size. Sleeveless tops, fishnet, crop tops, v-necks, halters, undershirts, and tee shirts are not allowed
- Waist-length v-neck or crew neck sweater
- Navy blue front button sweaters
- All navy blue sweaters must be worn over the uniform shirt
May not fall past the waist on the outside of pants/skirts. Tops may not have a hood, zipper, designs, logos, characters, names or numbers of any size. Only sweaters and navy blue hoodies or fleece pull-overs
- Solid color; plain black, dark brown, navy blue
- Leather, leather-like, or braided belt must go through the loops and be buckled securely at the waist
- Belt buckles should be gold, black or silver-toned
Belts may not contain stripes, additional colors, designer insignia, characters, bottle caps, rhinestones, plastic, gel, eyelets, names, or numbers of any size.
Shoes (solid black, tan,brown, or gray only)
- Plain tennis or athletic shoes may be worn
- Stripe or insignia must be the color of the shoe
- Shoelaces should be solid black or dark brown
- Boots may be worn during inclement weather
Shoes may not contain colored stripes or designer insignia, additional colors, characters, names or numbers of any size. Winter boots or snow boots must be changed if worn. No sandals, or open-toed shoes for safety
Pants, Skirts, Jumpers, Skorts, Shorts
- Navy blue only
- The cuffs of the pants should touch the tops of the shoes unless they are shorts
- Uniform pants are to be worn securely around the waist with a belt securely through loops
- Skirts, jumpers, shorts, and skorts should be fingertip length or longer
May not fall below the waist, be baggy or sag, and may not contain designer insignia, characters, names, or numbers of any size. Rubber bands and bandanas are not allowed on any part of the pants. Pants may not be rolled up or tucked into shoes or boots. Skirts, jumpers, shorts, and skorts should not be shorter than fingertip length.
Socks and Hosiery (white, black, navy blue)
- Socks or hosiery must be worn daily
- Ankle length or above
- Hosiery should be navy blue, white, gray, black and one color all over with no designs
Must be absent of characters, multi-color print, designs, cutouts, holes, characters, names, anything dangling or logos.
Jewelry and Accessories
- Jewelry must be tasteful and worn inside the shirt
- Earrings must be tasteful (okay to wear small studs or hoops)
No bracelets with spikes. Authorized jewelry items may not be replicas of weapons, contraband nor contain inappropriate language. No oversized necklaces or earrings. No backpack-style pocketbooks are allowed.
- Ribbons, barrettes, strings, beads, headbands, scrunches/ponytail holders are acceptable
- Religious coverings are okay
No bandanas, hats, scarves, do-rags, skull caps, or baseball caps