- Students who do not ride a bus are expected between 7:50 and 8:00 a.m.
- Car riders should unload between the two orange construction cones that will be near the curb.
- Please be ready to unload when you are between the cones. Have your best wishes and good-bye moments before reaching the cones to keep the traffic flowing.
- Safety is a priority. Always drop off students on the school side of the street.
- Dismissal will begin at 2:30 p.m. Students should enter cars only when they are between the orange cones.
- Please call the main office to notify us of transportation changes. Do not use email. We may not check it in time!
- If your child is going home with another family we must have a note from both families involved, especially children using the bus.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I drop off my child for school in the morning?
On the first day, you may walk your child to his/her classroom door, if he/she needs you to do so. After that, children should be dropped off at the front doors of the school and they will walk to their classroom by themselves. During the year, should you need to assist your child in carrying a project, etc. to the classroom, you will need to first sign in at the office. Staff members are positioned throughout the school to help the children get to class. Parents may begin dropping off at 7:45AM, although doors will not open until 7:50AM. They are locked promptly at 8:00AM.
Is there a morning car drop-off?
Yes, cars should line up on Cameron Mills Road on the school side of the road only. When your car pulls up to the front, a staff member will help your child get out of the car, and he/she can walk directly into the building. For safety reasons, we ask that students exit the car from the sidewalk side, not the street side.
What are my options for pick-up?
Students are classified as car riders, bus riders, and walkers. At the end of the day, we dismiss bus riders first. Following that, a dismissal announcement is made for walkers and car riders. Car riders gather at the front of the school near the pick-up line and are supervised by a staff member. Walkers are released to walk home or to meet their adult at a designated pick up location. If you are picking up your child from school by car, you have two options:
1) Park your car on a side street and meet your child in front of the school. If you choose this option, please wait on the grass, as the sidewalk is needed for student departures.
2) Drive in the pick-up line located in front of the school on Cameron Mills Road (Northbound, heading toward Westminster Church). Form a queue on Cameron Mills and avoid lining up on Virginia. Please wait patiently until buses exit and then cars will be allowed into the pickup zone. The staff on duty will put your child in your car when you get close to the front entrance. Children will wait with staff until your car is in front of the school. The line is generally longer on rainy days and cold days. Please let your child know that he/she will be a car rider so he/she can gather with the other car riders and be easily found during dismissal. As a courtesy to others in the carpool line, please do not get out of your vehicle or double park.
What if our pick-up plans change? How do I notify the school?
It is best to send a note addressed to the teacher the day of the change. The teacher will share the note with the school office. If you have a change and were unable to send a note, we ask that you call the office no later than 12:00 pm to ensure that your child gets the message. Please call the school for same-day dismissal changes. Do not use email.
What happens if I am late to pick up my child?
Your child will be taken into the office and the office staff will attempt to reach you. If we cannot reach you, we will call your emergency contacts. At the last resort we will notify Child Services. 3
If I am picking up a child who is not my own, do I need to have written permission to take that child?
Yes, if you are taking a child home with you whom you normally do not pick up, a note from the child’s parent needs to be sent into school.
What do I do if I want to arrange a play date for my daughter or son with another student?
It is best to arrange the play date in advance. A note should be sent with each child, letting the school know of the play date. If you choose to arrange a play date at dismissal time with a family who is in the car pick-up line, please ask them to move out of the line and park on a side street, so as not to hold up the pick-up line.
If I want to set up a play date with another child, where can I find that child’s parent contact information?
A School Directory is created at the beginning of each year, and available in October. One copy will be sent home with the youngest child in each family, courtesy of the George Mason PTA.
How do I know which bus my child will ride? Bus routes are sent home at the beginning of the school year. You also may call the ACPS Transportation office (703-706-4221) or the George Mason office. Kindergarten students will be given a green sticker with a large “K’ printed on it and they are seated in the front of the bus. Please keep this K sticker on your child’s backpack throughout the school year. For Kindergarten students, if an adult is not at the bus stop, the bus will bring the student back to school and the school will call you.
If my child has a problem on the bus, whom do I contact?
Please contact the school as soon as you know of a problem. The sooner the school is alerted, the more likely the situation can get resolved. For safety reasons, there is a video camera on every school bus.