Department of Facilities and Operations
The ACPS Department of Facilities and Operations oversees everything to do with our school buildings. We manage modernization projects, brand new construction projects, maintenance and cleaning. Additionally, we oversee the feeding and transporting of students while keeping both students and ACPS safe and secure.
Our mission is to provide an optimal and equitable learning environment for all students.
Office of Student Nutrition Services
Office of Safety and Security Services
Office of Maintenance and Custodial Services
Office of Educational Facilities
Office of Pupil Transportation and Fleet Management
Office of Capital Programs, Planning and Design
Our Focus for 2025
In an effort to advance the 2025 Strategic Plan, the Department of Facilities and Operations is committed to:
- working collaboratively, and engaging families in an effort to support the education delivered to students;
- developing specific practices and programs with school campuses and operations that encourage common goals around safety, security, cleanliness, care of Division facilities, and healthfulness;
- ensuring that messaging about transportation, nutrition, facilities services, safety and security are accessible, translated, engaging, recognizable and updated;
- instituting a regularly scheduled school/student training and reminders around areas of operational importance;
- providing safe, modern and comfortable facilities and buses for all students and staff;
- continuing to modernize school facilities at the elementary, middle and high school levels;
- addressing all action steps of the Division’s facility plan within audit-identified timelines;
- conducting an evaluation of school transportation with a focus on timeliness and safety of buses.