The mission of the Department of Technology Services is to provide a reliable infrastructure, improve operational efficiency, and enhance the teaching and learning process. The department aligns and allocates technology resources in a manner that reflects the school division's mission and strategic goals.
The Department of Technology Services supports the mission of ACPS by seeking to provide a reliable infrastructure, improve operational efficiency, and enhance the teaching and learning process. Technology Services leads and manages the implementation of a technology plan by aligning the technology goals to the division goals.
- Provide students and instructional staff the technology resources to support a rich learning environment.
- Provide all staff effective professional development that supports student learning.
- Provide a reliable infrastructure that facilitates the operation of the school division and is transparent to the end user.
- Provide access to high-quality data to support data-driven decision making.
The department aligns and allocates technology resources in a manner that reflects the goals and their relationship to the division's mission and strategic goals.
- Provide standardized tools and resources.
- Implement promising practices that support a rich learning environment.
- Evaluate how technology is employed appropriately to support a rich learning environment.
- Support community understanding of technology resources and practices and their impact on student learning.
- Provide a variety of effective professional development options including workshops, webinars, podcasts, coaching and online instruction for instructional staff.
- Maintain a program of instructional leadership that fosters effective use of technology in support of teaching and learning.
- Provide training for non-licensed personnel.
- Build and maintain a technical architecture that provides a strong and scalable foundation in support of the goals of the division.
- Provide efficient and effective support for all instructional and administrative technology resources for students and staff.
- Ensure management systems operate effectively.
- Monitor policies, procedures and technologies to ensure that computing resources are secure and recoverable.
- Maintain office productivity software and systems for communication and collaboration throughout the division.
- Implement governance structure to manage and monitor IT investments.
- Enhance and implement systems and analysis tools.
- Increase data accessibility and data quality.