Currently, there are three options available for families to opt in to by applying for a Program Transfer:
- Jefferson-Houston PreK-8 IB School Program
- Dual Language Program at Mount Vernon Community School or John Adams Elementary School
- Samuel W. Tucker Elementary School's Modified Calendar Program
Program options are based on capacity at these schools.
Families can also opt-out of Samuel W. Tucker Elementary School and Mount Vernon Community School. Families may not opt-out of John Adams Elementary School due to the availability of English language instruction. Families may not opt-out of Jefferson-Houston School at K-5, but may opt-out of Jefferson-Houston at middle school.
Families who opt-out of Samuel W. Tucker Elementary School or Mount Vernon Community School will be placed in another school based on capacity and proximity to the student's home.
Elementary Transfer Requests
- Request for Elementary School Transfer—Administrative (Health or Safety Reasons) (PDF)
- Request for Elementary School Transfer—Sibling (PDF)
- Request for Elementary School Transfer - Programmatic Opt-in (PDF)
- Request for Elementary School Transfer - Programmatic Opt-out (PDF)
The following regulations apply to the assignment of students through the administrative transfer process to schools outside their assigned school attendance area.