There are two options available for families to opt in to by applying for a program transfer.
The current school options include:
- Jefferson-Houston PreK-8 IB School Program
- Dual Language Program at Mount Vernon Community School or John Adams Elementary School
- Program options are based on capacity at these schools.
- Families can also opt-out of Mount Vernon Community School. Families may not opt-out of John Adams Elementary School due to the availability of English language instruction. Families may not opt-out of Jefferson-Houston School at K-5, but may opt-out of Jefferson-Houston at middle school.
- Families who opt-out of Mount Vernon Community School will be placed in another school based on capacity and proximity to the student's home.
See the Elementary Transfer Requests page for forms and policies.