Welcome to the ACPS Grants Office
Supplemental funding is a critical element of modern school finances, especially during times of reduced budgets at the state level. The mission of the Alexandria City Public Schools (ACPS) Grants and Partnerships Office is to coordinate and facilitate teacher and department efforts in acquiring grant funding for unmet student needs.
ACPS maintains a Grants Office for the purpose of coordinating the following services:
- Identify a wide range of potential funding sources.
- Ensures that the district competes effectively for federal, state, local and private funds.
- Assists and encourages teachers with grant seeking, writing, and submitting of proposals.
- Manages and maintains existing grants.
- Cultivating a relationship with funders by meeting funders’ requirements and grant management processes. Ensuring that all progress and annual reports are submitted on time.
- Building partnerships with Alexandria City Government and Nonprofit Organizations to co-apply for grants.
- Guiding grant opportunities to programs that are most in need of funding and best fit the funders’ priorities.
Technical Assistance for Grant Seekers
The Grants Office offers ACPS teachers, campuses and departments in the preparation of proposals and grant applications as well as the following:
- Review pre-application proposals.
- Assistance with application procedures.
- Provide forms, guidelines, and related materials.
- Budget information and formatting suggestions.
- Assistance with ACPS approval procedures. See ACPS Grant Application Guidelines 2018 (PDF).
Funding Opportunity Information
The Grants Office provides information about federal, state, city, private, corporate, and foundation competitive grants to appropriate ACPS units.
Training in Proposal Writing and Development
The ACPS Grants Office offers training in Grant proposal writing to ACPS schools and staff. See Why Write A Grant? (PDF)
Grant Writing Resources
The Office of School, Business, and Community Partnerships knows the importance of partnering with external organizations to extend its services and programs, encourage a sense of community ownership to our schools, and support the development of the academic, social, physical, creative, and emotional needs of our students. One of our strategies to achieve that objective is to identify grant funding opportunities and provide resources for our stakeholders.
Helpful Tips For Grant Writing (PDF)
How To Create A Logic Model (PDF)
Quick Tips To Good Grant Writing (PDF)