Public Safety Forum
The Alexandria PTA Council (PTAC), Parents for Safe Alexandria Schools (PSAS) and Alexandria City Public Schools (ACPS) hosted a public safety forum on Oct. 26, 2022.
Interim Superintendent Dr. Melanie Kay-Wyatt and a panel of experts spoke on maintaining safety in our schools and community, the division’s collaboration with the Alexandria Police Department (APD) and how families can work with ACPS to keep students safe. Panelists included:
- ACPS Director of Safety & Security Services John Contreras.
- ACPS Director of School Social Work Faiza Jackson.
- Alexandria Police Department Officer Richard Sandavol.
- Alexandria City Gang Prevention Community Task Force Member Mike Mackey.
- Be SMART Secure Gun Storage Program, Everytown for Gun Safety Andy Corso.
- City of Alexandria's Department of Transportation & Environmental Services Alex Carroll.
Recordings of the event in English, Spanish and Arabic are available below.