Thank you for your interest in volunteering! Alexandria City Public Schools (ACPS) encourages and welcomes volunteers in our schools. We invite parents, families, community members, and our many partners to get involved and support students throughout the year.
Our volunteer activities vary from school to school. Volunteers can get involved and make a difference by helping with a wide variety of activities. All volunteers are required to adhere to the latest health and safety guidelines as established by ACPS.
If after reading the information below in its entirety you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call 703-619-8055.
Interested in volunteering with us?
To ensure the safety of our students, staff, and visitors, there are a few steps to complete before beginning your service. Please read the steps and FAQs below carefully.
Note: Please refrain from completing test applications or using the system to submit applications as examples for fellow volunteers if you are a partner program. As a part of the new system, criminal background checks are automatically run and charged. Thanks in advance!
Volunteers Under 18 Years of Age
If you are under 18, you will be required to obtain parental consent.
- Read through the following directions before applying below through DocHub.
- Once you go to DocHub, your parent/guardian will need to sign in or create an account.
- They may be asked to check their email account for verification. Make sure to check your Spam folder as sometimes the verification will land there.
- Your parent/guardian will then be able to access the consent form on DocHub, where they will:
- Click "Fill A Copy"
- Click the "Agree To Use Electronic Records and Signatures"
- Type in the Youth Volunteer name
- Electronically sign and date the form
- Click "Finalize"
- When they complete the signing, our Volunteer team will receive a notice and follow up with more information and/or confirmation. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-619-8055.
Additional Volunteer Opportunities
ACPS Bike Buddies
Support our Bicycling in the Schools (BITS) program at the elementary and middle school level where students learn to ride, learn about bike safety, and even take off-campus rides. For more information, watch this video about Bike Buddies and contact email@example.com.
William Ramsay Math Volunteers
William Ramsay Elementary School is excited to continue our NEW volunteer math tutoring program in 2024! Volunteers will be asked to select time slots to work with small-groups of K-5 students, on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays, between 9:00 am - 2:30 pm.
If you are interested in volunteering for our community and can not currently adhere to the latest health and safety guidelines, Alexandria has a volunteer organization that can guide you to additional opportunities.
Connect Directly with a School!
After your volunteer application is approved, please contact the school Family Liaison or the school you wish to volunteer directly.
For concerns not addressed at the school level, contact our division-wide Volunteer Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-619-8055.
- Who can be a volunteer?
- What is the difference between a volunteer and a visitor?
- How do I find volunteer opportunities?
- How do I become a volunteer?
- Who needs to complete the application and Code of Conduct? Who is exempt?
- Why do I need to complete the Code of Conduct if I want to chaperone my student’s field trip?
- What is Raptor Technologies?
- How will ACPS know that I have completed the Code of Conduct?
- How long does it take to complete the volunteer process?
- After I’ve signed the Code of Conduct, can I begin volunteering?
- What procedures do I follow when volunteering?
- Who should I contact if I have questions or concerns about my role as a volunteer or required volunteer training?