ACPS cooperates with schools, parent-teacher organizations, booster clubs, government organizations, approved community partners, non-profit organizations who promote the general public interest and educational welfare of students, and patriotic organizations and youth groups as designated under federal and state law by posting efliers online.
As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, be mindful of the time it takes for our staff to distribute paper fliers and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flier delivery.
To request flier approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flier will be included on school websites (if you choose to distribute to specific schools). Except in cases deemed exceptional by the Office of Communications paper fliers from outside organizations will not be distributed.
In order to distribute fliers to schools, all organizations must:
- Visit the Peachjar website
- Register as an Enrichment Provider (account type).
- Email paperwork confirming non-profit status. (Non-profit organizations must prove their non-profit status by providing a copy of a 501 (c) (3) or other government-issued form that shows tax-exempt status.) to email@example.com before uploading your flier through Peachjar. Your flier will not be approved for distribution until this is received.
- Upload your flier for approval.
Your flier will be automatically submitted to the ACPS Office of Communications. Staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards below.
Peachjar charges a fee for this service for government organizations, approved community partners, non-profit organizations who promote the general public interest and educational welfare of students, and patriotic organizations and youth groups as designated under federal and state law. This fee is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper fliers to each school.
The Alexandria City School Board under policies KF, KG and KQ and the relevant regulations attached to those policies, permits ACPS to distribute promotional material of an outside organization that is intended solely to notify students and their parents of the opportunity to participate in a youth-related program, activity or event that aims to improve the health, education or welfare of students or members of the school community (e.g., students' families, etc.). It does not permit the distribution of material that:
- are likely to cause substantial disruption of, or a material interference with, school classes; classwork or activities, or the orderly operation of the school;
- would create a clear and present danger of the commission of unlawful acts;
- violate school policies, regulations, or the privacy rights of others;
- endorse or encourage the use of alcohol, tobacco, electronic cigarettes or any illegal substance or action;
- endorse or encourage any violation of the Student Code of Conduct (see policy JFC-R);
- are libelous, slanderous, or defamatory under State law;
- are obscene or pornographic, or defamatory;
- result in financial gain for a third party other than the parents-teacher organizations or organizations exempted above
- are in conflict with any ACPS policy regarding the distribution of material
All policies regarding flier distribution can be found in the K policy section on the ACPS website.
- fliers must include the following sentences in the language of the flier:
Alexandria City Public Schools neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity represented in this material. The distribution or display of this material is provided as a community service.
Las Escuelas Públicas de la Ciudad de Alexandria no respaldan ni patrocinan la organización o actividad representada en este material. La distribución o exhibición de este material se ofrece como un servicio a la comunidad.
- Organizations may request distribution for one flier per event. Non-profit organizations are limited to a maximum of ten fliers per school year.
- fliers should be confined to one sheet of paper no larger than 8½ by 11 inches, unless the size of the material will not create an unreasonable distribution burden.
- fliers must prominently display a contact name and telephone number for the organization. If a registration form is included, fliers should display a mailing address of the organization.
- ACPS cannot guarantee that fliers will be distributed on or before a desired date.
- Organizations are encouraged to distribute versions of fliers in the languages spoken by the families of students who attend ACPS. These are English, Spanish, Amharic and Arabic.
The following is a list of companies that offer translation services. ACPS does not pay for translation of fliers, nor do ACPS rates apply.