Preschoolers Learning Together (PLT)
Screening and scheduling for the Preschoolers Learning Together (PLT) program is suspended at this time. ACPS Leadership will reevaluate the timeline for re-instituting the program prior to the second semester of the 21-22 school year. If you would like your child considered for this program should it begin later in the school year, please contact Laura Basu, ACPS Early Childhood Special Education Coordinator.
PLT is a half-day preschool program offered to children ages two years and six months through four years (by September 30), who are eligible for the PLT program. This is an opportunity for typically developing children from the Alexandria community to be integrated into an early childhood special education (ECSE) classroom for the purpose of providing typical role models to students with disabilities.
Licensed ECSE teachers implement a play-based special education program with an emphasis on providing services to students with an individualized developmental delay or disability.
Developmentally appropriate activities are incorporated into the daily routine.
Eligibility for PLT
- Currently a resident of the City of Alexandria
- Meet the age requirements-child must be two and a half to four years old by September 30
- Pass a developmental screening, and be observed by an ACPS preschool special education teacher
- Children who have had no formal early childhood school experience
- Children must be toilet trained
- Parents/Guardians must provide transportation to/from school (Early Childhood Center, Charles Barrett or Jefferson-Houston)