Early Childhood (Pre-K)
Every student succeeds: Provide safe and inclusive first school experiences that prepare the whole child and inspire a life-long love for learning.
Early Childhood Programs are a critical PIECE of a quality educational experience. We endeavor to:
Prepare the whole child
Ensure positive experiences
Cooperate with families and the community
Establish a foundation for success
The ACPS Early Childhood Programs consist of three components: Virginia Preschool Initiative (VPI), Preschoolers Learning Together (PLT), and Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE).
- Pre-K through the Virginia Preschool Initiative (VPI)
- Preschoolers Learning Together (PLT)
- Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE)
Citywide Early Childhood Initiatives
ACPS is committed to working collaboratively with our early childhood community to ensure high-quality early learning opportunities for our youngest learners. Please visit the sites below to learn more information about the systems building and alignment work currently underway.
- Early Care and Education Work Group (ECEW)
- Common Agenda - Early Care and Education in Alexandria (PDF)