T.C. Satellite Campus
The T.C. Satellite Campus is designed to deliver a 21st century curriculum that is flexible in scheduling and student-centered in support. This opportunity prepares students to compete in the global marketplace, but with a down-to-earth approach that recognizes the challenges students may sometimes face in completing education.
T.C. Satellite Campus Mission
- The T.C. Satellite Campus is an exemplary learning community that provides high quality online curriculum through blended learning.
- We educate students using online and traditional methods within a comprehensive support structure that includes individualized and small group instruction, technology, meaningful relationships, and engaged learning.
- At Satellite, we challenge ourselves to provide a personalized methodology in order to promote confident and lifelong learning.
T.C. Satellite Campus Highlights
- The T.C. Satellite Campus allows students to select a school shift (AM or PM) that works best for their particular schedule. Many of our students require a more flexible schedule than commonly available in a traditional high school setting. However, there is a daily and weekly attendance expectation.
- Each T.C. Satellite student is assigned an academic adviser who carefully monitors student progress.
- T.C. Satellite students are able to participate in all extracurricular clubs and activities at T.C. Williams High School, including sports.
- An athlete with a schedule that doesn't adhere to a traditional school day?
- A student who prefers to learn in a smaller and quieter environment?
- A student who works outside the school day to support your family?
- A student who would like to graduate early?
If so, please complete our interest form and we will be in touch!
T.C. Satellite Email Newsletter
Degrees and Certifications:
Ed.D., 2019 N.B.C.T., 2007 M.A.T., 2002 B.A., 2000
Dr. Izora Everson
Dr. Izora Everson is the School Principal of the T.C. Williams Satellite Campus and the Director of Online Learning for ACPS. She brings seventeen years of educational experience with grades 9-12 and a specific concentration in Social Studies and Instructional Technology to the role.
Everson earned both her doctoral degree (2019) and her administrative credential (2009) from the Johns Hopkins University. Previously, she attended Lewis & Clark College in Portland, OR for her Master's and Bachelor's degrees.
Prior to becoming the principal of Satellite and Director of Online Learning, she was a Technology Integration Specialist at T.C. Williams for two and a half years. During this time, she worked closely with teachers to help them integrate instructional technology in their classrooms. She also served as a social studies teacher and department chair in Prince William County for ten years.
Everson is a native Oregonian. While she misses access to nature on a daily basis, she loves the easy access to D.C. for the variety of cultural and educational opportunities. She is an avid traveler, amature photographer, art history nerd, and enjoys kickboxing and running to de-stress.
Everson enjoys working with our students and welcomes contact via email or phone.
Absolutely! We welcome student and family visits. Please note that tours/visits must be scheduled in advance with Satellite. Please call Satellite at 703-619-8400 to schedule.
Current T.C. Williams students in grades 9-12 may apply for admission to Satellite. Rising 9th grade students may apply during the spring of their 8th grade year for admission to Satellite in the fall of their freshmen year.
Dr. Izora Everson, Ed.D., NBCT
T.C. Satellite Campus (located at ACPS Central Office)
1340 Braddock Place, 2nd Floor
Alexandria, VA 22314