Technology Use Guidelines
ACPS relies on administrators and teachers to evaluate balanced and healthy learning environments for students that include digital tools, as well non-digital tools. This includes screen-free lunch and recess. It is expected that the usage of Chromebooks and other devices will vary, depending on the instructional purpose or assignment.
- School technology should be used for educational purposes, not recreation or entertainment.
- Teachers should plan with colleagues to ensure balanced learning environments for students that utilize a variety of tools beyond digital devices.
- Technology should be used to encourage collaboration, creation, and critical thinking.
- Technology should enhance and extend, not replace real-life experiences for students.
Information for Parents
- What devices are available for students?
- What applications are available to students?
- How are applications used for learning?
- How does ACPS handle my student's privacy?
- Where can I find digital citizenship resources for my family?