NEW! 2017 Open Enrollment
Open Enrollment begins on May 1 and ends of May 31, 2017. Employees may review and change their benefits elections using Employee Self-Service (ESS).
Employee Benefits Newsletter, May 2017 (PDF) - See a full overview of upcoming changes to your benefits, and instructions for how to change your benefits elections.
- Open Enrollment Calendar (PDF)
- Health, Dental & Vision Rates (PDF) - Effective July 1, 2017
- Open Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- CareFirst Dental Plan FAQs (PDF) - NEW Dental insurance carrier, effective July 1, 2017
- Open Enrollment Form (PDF)
- Benefit Plans Quick Reference Guide (PDF) - Effective July 1, 2017
- Benefits Summary (PDF) - Effective July 1, 2017
Summary of Benefits and Coverages (SBCs), effective July 1, 2017
Insurance Carrier Links
- United Healthcare Website
- Kaiser Permanente Website
- CareFirst Microsite for ACPS - for Pharmacy and Dental
- EyeMed Vision Care Website
- TASC Website
For additional benefits information, see the pages in this section.
ACPS offers a competitive and comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, paid leave, disability and retirement benefits.
Eligible employees may elect to participate in a medical plan with Kaiser or United HealthCare, dental plan with MetLife (changing to CareFirst on July 1, 2017) and vision plan with EyeMed. Employees may also choose to enroll in health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts.
Full-time eligible employees are automatically enrolled in the Virginia Retirement System (VRS) and the supplemental retirement plan with Principal. In addition, employees may choose to participate in retirement savings plans such as tax-sheltered annuities 403(b) and deferred compensation 457(b) plans.
Current benefits information