Early Childhood (Pre-K)
Pre-K Enrollment for School Year 2021-22
Pre-K enrollment began April 21 for parents who had previously called in and set up appointments or filled out paper or online forms. The first part of the process can be handled over the telephone. If you have a student who is eligible for the Virginia Preschool Initiative, please call 703-619-8026 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of staff will contact you.
Every student succeeds: Provide safe and inclusive first school experiences that prepare the whole child and inspire a life-long love for learning.
Early Childhood Programs are a critical PIECE of a quality educational experience. We endeavor to:
Prepare the whole child
Ensure positive experiences
Cooperate with families and the community
Establish a foundation for success
The ACPS Early Childhood Programs consist of three components:
- Pre-K through the Virginia Preschool Initiative (VPI)
- Preschoolers Learning Together (PLT)
- Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE)
Citywide Early Childhood Initiatives
ACPS is committed to working collaboratively with our early childhood community to ensure high-quality early learning opportunities for our youngest learners.
- Common Agenda - Early Care and Education in Alexandria (PDF)
- Alexandria City Virginia Preschool Initiative (VPI) Programs Community Flyer (PDF)