- T.C. Williams High School
- Facility Maintenance Updates
July 19, 2019 - St. James Announcement
Dear T.C. Williams Families,
ACPS is excited to announce that T.C. Williams High School will be able to play its football games indoors at the St. James - brand new state of the art sports facility that just opened last year in Springfield, VA. - this fall.
The alternative arrangement - that will make T.C. Williams the first high school in the history of Virginia, Maryland and D.C to play its home games inside - has been made in the event that the modernization of the Parker-Gray Stadium is permitted to start in the fall.
The move allows the T.C. Williams football team to host games on Friday nights for the first time in its history. The Parker-Gray Stadium currently does not have permanent lights and therefore games that take place on Fridays have to end before dusk.
This will also offer T.C. Williams the ability to host alumni events both before and after the game due to access to restaurant facilities.
A total of 2,000 tickets will be sold for each of the five Varsity games. All tickets will be $6. There will be no employee or student discounts. Due to anticipated demand, tickets for the games will go on sale online this August.
GAME SCHEDULE: All games will start at 7 p.m.
September 20 vs West Springfield
September 27 vs Centreville
October 4 vs Fairfax (Homecoming)
October 18 vs Hayfield
October 25 vs West Potomac (Senior Night)
ACPS is in the process of modernizing the Parker-Gray Memorial Stadium at T.C. Williams High School to create a stadium facility that will serve the needs of Alexandria’s only public high school and our community. The upgrades are anticipated include:
- The addition of an eighth lane on the track
- Replacement of the artificial turf
- The addition of restrooms
- A new concession stand
- A ticket booth
- Replacement of the scoreboard and placement on the other end of the field
- Egress safety lighting
- A new press box to replace the condemned one on the other side of the field to improve the quality of lighting for images and video for media.
- Field lighting (work not scheduled to start until April 2020)
- An upgraded sound system to comply with the City of Alexandria’s Noise Ordinance, enhance the quality of the sound, disperse the sound via multiple speakers and direct it away from houses along the fence line.
To find out more about purchasing tickets, please see the athletics page of the ACPS website at www.acps.k12.va.us/Page/1860.
To find out more about the stadium modernization, please go to www.acps.k12.va.us/Page/1508.
We look forward to a great season!