- Cora Kelly School for Math, Science and Technology
- Facility Maintenance Updates
End of Summer Facility Update, 2019
September 19, 2019
Welcome! ACPS is excited to welcome new and former students back to the hallways and classrooms at Cora Kelly School for Math, Science and Technology for the 2019-2020 school year.
ACPS is committed to improving the condition of our schools so teachers and students have an appropriate environment within which to learn.Over the summer, repairs and renovations continued at a number of our school sites to get our buildings ready for September.
At Cora Kelly school:
- We removed the carpet and put new floors into 27 classrooms.
- Painted 27 classrooms, the kindergarten hallway and the gym.
- Phase II of the roof replacement is almost finished up.
- We installed new rooftop HVAC units.
- Some windows have been replaced - this work will continue during the school year.
- We are moving forward with designs for the kitchen renovation.
- We also have designs for an elevator for those in need of accommodation and expect it to be installed next summer.
- Outside experts inspected the school and made recommendations for improvements. The draft report can be found on the ACPS website.
We have added facility pages to each of our school websites to keep you better informed of the work we are doing in your school. From now on there will be more regular updates as well as helpful information if an issue arises.
We look forward to future communications with you as the school year commences.