- ACPS-At-Home (COVID-19 Response)
- Planning for Reentry: the Learning Advisory Team
September 23, 2020 -- School Transition Team
Enhanced Continuity of Learning Plan 5.0: School Transition Team
School Transition Team
On Wednesday, Sept. 23, Education Elements met with the School Transition Team from 10AM-11AM. The focus of this meeting was to begin identifying what adjustments are needed for the Virtual Plus+ Learning model to better meet the needs of students, families, and staff. The feedback from teachers during the Monday’s Advisory kickoff, reflections from principals, and general feedback from stakeholders in the community was synthesized into four larger trends. The team then used an analysis protocol to reflect on the current state of virtual learning and potential next steps to take.
- Stakeholders Involved: ~70 school-based and division leaders (principals and directors)
- Decisions Made: There are key trends across Virtual PLUS+ Learning that will guide the work of this group. The School Transition Team will align on small shifts and larger adjustments across the division to respond to feedback gathered across teams. Engagement and expectations are top priorities moving forward.
- Next Steps: The School Transition Team will pilot some of the shorter term ideas with their school-based teams and report back next week. The STT will also test the focus areas against the feedback gathered on September 28th’s Advisory session for any adjustments.