Facilities and Operations
Department of Facilities and Operations
Office of Capital Programs, Planning and Design
- Capital Improvement Program Budget
- Capital Improvement Program Quarterly Reports
- Modernization Projects Overview
- Long Range Educational Facilities Plan
- Colocation of City/School Services
Office of Educational Facilities
- 2016 Facilities Audit
- HVAC FAQs
- Targeted Facilities Assessments
- Alexandria City High School Parker-Gray Stadium
- William Ramsay Modernization
- Sports Mini Pitches
- Completed Projects
- Office of Maintenance and Custodial Services
- Office of Pupil Transportation and Fleet Management
- Office of Safety and Security Services
- Office of School Nutrition Services
- Office of Capital Programs, Planning and Design
- Alexandria City Public Schools
- Department of Facilities and Operations
May 6, 2019
In October, the City Council approved the modernization of the Parker-Gray Stadium at T.C. Williams High School.
The resolution included many conditions, several of which were aimed at ensuring minimal discomfort to the surrounding neighborhood during the stadium modernization and addressing neighborhood concerns. ACPS and the City are working together to ensure that we are in compliance with all the conditions.
ACPS has continued to move forward with the construction drawings for the stadium modernization and preparation for the permitting process. We were intending to complete the construction work by the end of the summer, however due to the natural back and forth of the permitting and review process, the work will now start this summer instead of the spring.
The work will be comprised of three components:
- Stadium facilities: New ticket booth; concession stand; restrooms
- Stadium modernization: Track upgrades, sound system; scoreboard; press box
- Stadium lighting: Egress lighting; field lighting
The athletics field will not be able to be used during the main part of the construction. The Athletics Department is working with our ACPS partners to make sure that all practices and games can be held at neighboring facilities. We apologize in advance for this inconvenience and know that this is not ideal for our athletes. We will keep you updated on these changes and the progress of this project as we get more information.
Thank you for your patience. If you have questions, please reach out to the ACPS Office of Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.