What can I do to stay informed?
- Check your information in PowerSchool to be sure that it is up to date. If it is not, update it now or call your school registrar.
- Review the emergency procedures on our website and become familiar with what you need to do during an emergency.
- Tune in to ACPS emergency communications channels as the official source for verified data in emergency situations. Refrain from calling or texting your child during an active emergency so that they are free to work with us on keeping them safe. This also helps to avoid mixed messages and confusion.
- Please do not call or go to your school during an active emergency so that we may focus on keeping your child safe. Again, tune in to ACPS emergency communications channels as the official source for verified data in emergency situations.
- If you need more information after an emergency, please call your school or the Office of Communications at 703-619-8003 directly so that you can get accurate information. And, use the official ACPS channels of communication.
- Join your PTA and support ACPS