Volunteer Crossing Guard Program
ACPS Volunteer Crossing Guard Program
Safety & Security Services are looking for current volunteers with the following skills:
- Willingness to provide your time.
- Ability to work well with others, with little supervision.
- Willingness and ability to check the schedule and work with placement/assignment officer.
- Must be highly dependable.
- Volunteer at a school near you and a backup location.
Current Volunteers will use their skills to control traffic at already designated crosswalks to allow families to cross streets safely to and from school.
- Morning Hours are 7:15-8:10 a.m.
- Afternoon Hours are 2:25-3:05 p.m.
Willingness to accept training and equipment from the Alexandria Police Department.
Schools: Charles Barrett, Cora Kelly, Douglas MacArthur, Ferdinand T. Day, George Mason, James K. Polk, Jefferson Houston, John Adams, Lyles-Crouch, Mount Vernon, Naomi L. Brooks, Patrick Henry, Samuel Tucker, William Ramsay.
If you are a current volunteer and you are interested please contact John Contreras at email@example.com or 703-619-8060.