Department of Technology Services
The mission of the Department of Technology Services is to provide a reliable infrastructure, improve operational efficiency, and enhance the teaching and learning process. The department aligns and allocates technology resources in a manner that reflects the school division's mission and strategic goals.
The Department of Technology Services supports the mission of ACPS by seeking to provide a reliable infrastructure, improve operational efficiency, and enhance the teaching and learning process. Technology Services leads and manages the implementation of a technology plan by aligning the technology goals to the division goals.
- Learning Environment: Create student-centered, technology-rich learning environments that provide academic excellence and educational equity by encouraging creativity, critical thinking, collaboration, communication, and citizenship.
- Professional Learning: Provide professional learning opportunities for staff that support student-centric learning models, innovative instructional practices, and professional growth through the use of technology.
- Infrastructure: Provide a reliable, scalable, and transparent infrastructure that facilitates the operation of the school division and supports greater access and equity.
Information for Parents
- What devices are available for students?
- What applications are available to students?
- How are applications used for learning?
- How does ACPS handle my student's privacy?
- Where can I find digital citizenship resources for my family?
Chief Technology Officer
Elizabeth Hoover, Ph.D.
Infrastructure and Support Services
John Crites, Director
Education and Business Applications
Marya Runkle, Director
Emily Dillard, Director
Izora Everson, Director
Technology Services Help Desk